Higher Education Studies Doctoral Programme
Applications for 2023 are now closed. We welcome prospective doctoral candidates to apply for our 2024 intake. The 2024 programme adopts a cohort model of supervision which includes a structured first year followed by three years of thesis development.
The application deadline for the 2024 intake is 15 November 2023. Click here to find out more about the application process.
Not quite ready to start a PhD? Consider applying for our Pre-Doctoral Programme
Successful candidates will work collaboratively on six modules throughout the first year, attending fortnightly seminars and completing a number of writing tasks that build towards the proposal. Modules include:
- Orientation to doctoral studies
- Mapping the field of higher education studies
- Exploring theoretical frameworks in higher education studies
- Exploring methodological frameworks in higher education studies
- Developing criticality in higher education studies research
- Conducting ethical higher education studies research
Last Modified: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 09:48:02 SAST